Oculus Quest 2 Wall Mount - No Supports!!
- 3.3k views
- 10 likes
- 123 downloads
3D model description
See this Quest 2 wall mount in action here: https://youtu.be/4qO1j1uNAfY
If you download this thing, please "like" or "collect it."
I couldn't find an Oculus Quest 2 wall hanger that I loved, so I made one. It works with the Elite strap as well as the regular strap.
I designed it to match the curves of the headset and the controllers. It took a lot of iterations to get right, but I finally got it!
I have not tried this on a Quest 1 or other headset, but if you try, please tell me how it worked in the comments.
The lenses face down so dust won't fall on them.
The controllers hang on the same mounts as the headset.
Minimalist design. Less plastic. Shorter printing times.
No supports required.
A few people have commented that the controller hangers look flimsy. They actually hold the controllers way more securely than it appears. They take advantage of the controller's uneven weight distribution. The back part of the controller is heavier, causing the controllers to push up on the hangers, making the controllers fit pretty securely. If you're still worried about knocking them off, coat the controller hanger portions in PlastiDip for an even more secure grip.
I recommend sanding the mounts for a smoother finish, but that's optional.
- Print the Quest Wall Mount right side and left side. The Standard version is probably the one you want. In that version, the back of the controllers rest about 20mm from the wall. If you use controller grips that add more than 20mm to the bottom of the controllers, you will want to print the Extended version, which adds 5mm in length to account for bulky controller grips.
- Either 3D print the template (Template_3DPrint.stl) or use a conventional document printer to print a paper template (Template_Paper_USLetter.pdf for United States or Template_Paper_A4.pdf for countries that use A4 paper.) The plastic template is much easier to set a bubble level against, but the paper template is quicker and doesn't use up your plastic. If you print on paper, make sure you print "actual size" and measure the scale to ensure correct sizing.
- Remove the tower supports from the screw holes. (These supports are embedded in the design. Don't add supports in your slicer.)
- Use the template to level and mark your wall with where the screws will go. You won't need the template after this. It's not part of the design.
- Drill the screws into the wall and leave about 1/4" protruding.
- Mount the right side and adjust the screws with a screwdriver for a perfectly snug fit. Repeat with the left side.
- See video and pictures for how to hang the components.
Check out my other designs here: https://www.thingiverse.com/tonyyoungblood/designs
Update: A user requested I make a paper version of the template to save on plastic. I have added U.S. Letter and A4 versions in the files section.
Update: A user was worried that his Marmut controller grips added too much length to the controllers, potentially causing them to hit the wall. For that reason, I made an extended version which adds 5mm to the length. Use only if you have controller grips that add more than 20mm to the bottom tips of your controllers.
3D printer file information
3D design format: PDF, SKP, and STL Folder details Close
- Last update: 2021/02/07 at 02:12
- Publication date: 2021/01/28 at 13:03
- elite strap
- oculus quest
- oculus quest 2
- oculus quest 2 strap
- quest 2
- quest 2 elite strap
- quest 2 strap
- vr headset
- vr headset mount
- wall mount
Best sellers of the category Gadget
Add a comment
Would you like to support Cults?
You like Cults and you want to help us continue the adventure independently? Please note that we are a small team of 3 people, therefore it is very simple to support us to maintain the activity and create future developments. Here are 4 solutions accessible to all:
ADVERTISING: Disable your AdBlock banner blocker and click on our banner ads.
DONATE: If you want, you can make a donation via PayPal here.
WORD OF MOUTH: Invite your friends to come, discover the platform and the magnificent 3D files shared by the community!