Light ring 20cm - 8" Led ring DIY 5v universal COMPLETE (works on any tripod)
- 1.2k views
- 1 like
- 1 comment
3D model description
The complete and universal design of an 8" Led Ring!
Make your OWN led ring, and take the best photos and videos for your TikToks, Instagram feed, Snapchat, Facebook... or to give a very nice present to someone.
Cointains no watermarks.
Follow the instructions below and the recommendations in the "print parameters" section.
You will need to print:
1x base ring.stl
1x inner cover.stl
1x plug cap.stl
Also, you'll need:
1x 1/4" x 1 1/2" screw
2x 1/4" nut
50cm of 5050 Led Strip 12v IP20 (with this you will need to make the internal led ring, connecting the positives and the negatives respectively)
1x female jack 2.1mm or 2,6mm (for chassis)
1x 12v 1A power source 2.1mm or 2.6mm (switching)
1) Look at the parameters described in the "print parameters" section. Take care of the recomendations written there. Then print all the STL's.
2) Cut 10 pieces of the led strip and paste them in the gaps of "aro base f.stl". With the welder, wire the positives between them. Do the same with the negatives. TIP: You can use Copper pins to make this job easier.
3) Connect the female jack positive and negative terminals to the led ring and screw the jack to the round hole on the side of "aro base f.stl". TIP: If you can, stick it with glue. Just to reinforce it.
4) Stick with glue the "tapita de plug.stl" part to "aro base f.stl", covering the jack connections.
5) Put "inner.stl cap" into "base.stl.ring.f.stl" and stick it with glue. After this, fit the "ring.stl" into "base ring f.stl". TIP: Before sticking CHECK if the leds turn on correctly by connecting the power source to the female jack.
6) Take the screw, "butterfly.stl" and "pivot.stl" and place them as the picture shows. After this, you should be capable of tilting the led ring back and forth, and adjusting the position with the "butterfly.stl".
7) And the last.. Connect the power source to the led ring and ENJOY
3D printing settings
Parameters and recommendations per STL
Layer height: 0,25mm
Wall thickness: 1,2mm
Speed: The faster you can
The color MUST be a TRASLUCID WHITE, if not, it will not work correctly.
Estimated printing time: 1h
"hoop base f.stl"
Layer height: 0,3mm
Wall thickness: 1,2mm
It only need supports in the hole of the female jack
Estimated printing time: 4h
Layer height: 0.3mm
This STL MUST be printed in WHITE.
You can print it fast, because it will be hidden inside the ring.
Estimated printing time: 20 min
"pivot.stl" and "butterfly.stl" (together)
Layer height: 0.2mm
Wall thickness: 1.2mm
IMPORTANT: You will need to stop the print at the 36th layer (18mm) to put the nuts, and then continue printing. To do this, go to "Extensions"->"Post Processing"->"Modify G-Code". Then Select the option "Pause at height", change the default "height" option to "Layer" and write "36" in the textbox below.
Estimated Printing time: 2h 30min (both together)
Layer height: 0,2mm
Estimated printing time: 8-10min
3D printer file information
3D design format: STL Folder details Close
- anillo f.STL
- aro base f.STL
- tapa interna.STL
- tapita de plug.STL
- Last update: 2021-03-17 at 01:29
- Publication date: 2021-02-18 at 03:52
Best sellers of the category Fashion
Would you like to support Cults?
You like Cults and you want to help us continue the adventure independently? Please note that we are a small team of 3 people, therefore it is very simple to support us to maintain the activity and create future developments. Here are 4 solutions accessible to all:
ADVERTISING: Disable your AdBlock banner blocker and click on our banner ads.
DONATE: If you want, you can make a donation via PayPal here.
WORD OF MOUTH: Invite your friends to come, discover the platform and the magnificent 3D files shared by the community!