Nesting Cubes, Recursive Cubes, Cubes within Cubes
- 948 views
- 4 likes
- 17 downloads
3D model description
####Nesting Cubes, Recursive Cubes, Cubes within Cubes
This design is a 7-cube that has a 5-cube that has a 3-cube that has a unit cube. Each unit cube is 10 mm^3. Tolerance is added to allow the cubes to slide (nest) into each other.
####About the files
1. Each cube has a bottom part and a top cover.
2. The regular versions have a 0.4 mm clearance all around; the loose versions have a 0.5mm clearance.
3. The top covers are the same as the clearance is added to the shells. The 3-cube top is the same as the unit cube.
In addition to the recursive and geometric structures, there are a few questions to explore:
- How does the volume of a cube increase as we change the cube edge length from 1 unit, to 3, 5, and 7 units?
- What is the difference between the volume of the 7-cube and that of the 5-cube?
- How does one count the number of unit cubes if we take a 5-cube core out of a 7-cube? If one counts 7^2 cube on each face and multiply that by six, how should the number be adjusted to find the actual number of unit cubes? Hints: Each vertex is counted three times; each edge is counted two times.
- Pose your own questions.
- 3D file format: STL
- Publication date: 2019/12/02 at 16:38
STEAM educator, learning from and working with K-12 STEAM teachers to explore new ideas of teaching and engagement. I firmly believe ART is at the core of STEM learning or all human learning! I owe my ideas and designs to the hundreds of K-12 children and teachers and university professors I have had the pleasure of working with, in multiple disciplines-- math, science,engineering language arts, social studies, early childhood education and more! All mistakes, of course, are mine! There is no warranty or liability whatsoever implied or explicit behind the designs or ideas. They are all posted for their potential educational values.
When working with children, please strictly observe all safety and health procedures! Please refer to the NSTA safety guides: http://www.nsta.org/safety/.
LGBU Contact: LGBU@SIU.EDU
Best sellers of the category Art
Add a comment
Would you like to support Cults?
You like Cults and you want to help us continue the adventure independently? Please note that we are a small team of 3 people, therefore it is very simple to support us to maintain the activity and create future developments. Here are 4 solutions accessible to all:
ADVERTISING: Disable your AdBlock banner blocker and click on our banner ads.
DONATE: If you want, you can make a donation via PayPal here.
WORD OF MOUTH: Invite your friends to come, discover the platform and the magnificent 3D files shared by the community!