The head is fixed now!!!! thanks Joao please print an post a picture
Note: Please LAY FLAT when printing, AND USE SUPPORTS. The ideal size for the model is the size uploaded, or 20% smaller. Please read instructions on how to assemble. Check out all the pics!
The amazing Statue of Liberty from New York!
Amaze friends, family, teachers, and even pets with this awesome replica. It was printed from a flash forge printer from "Kens Hub"
Tips - use the uploaded size, avoid scaling down, or up too much. The uploaded size has been found ideal after numerous attempts.
- Use the highest resoultion available on your printer. this will result in the best print
- Use SUPPORTS ON ALL PIECES, this will make the book and torch and face come out much nicer - AVOID RAFTS, if you do use rafts, do a good job of removing them and make sure your gluing surfaces are clean and smooth
Please watch the video as well.
1. Print one of each part.
2. Make sure the flat part is flat on the building platform.
3. Apply supports when printing
4. Once the parts have been printed, an adhesive will be required to assemble it. I recommend a 15 - 30 min epoxy that will not dissolve the material you used to print. I used PLA and it worked great.
5. Apply a thin blob of glue to the model of the flat gluing surfaces of each part and spread. For example the top part of the "Liberty Feet" which is a flat surface.
6. Stick the "main body" to the "feet"
7. Attach the "head" to the top of the main body". Make sure everything is aligned.
8. Align the "torch top" and "bottom" so the hand portion is distinctive and you can see the fingers come together.
9. Glue the torch and hand portion to the top of the arm ( the arm is part of the "liberty head')
10. Let the epoxy cure. Now you have a great Statue of Liberty Replica model! leave a comment