Anycubic has announced it’s latest new FDM desktop 3D printer: Mega Pro. The Mega Pro is a fine addition to the Anycubic Mega line, offering fans of the i3 Mega, Mega S and Mega X a laser engraving with all of the same dependability, precision and value you’ve come to expect from the brand.
A 3d printer can do more than just printing. The most noticeable feature of the Mega Pro printer is laser engraving. It is capable of engraving on Leather, Paper, Wood, and more. The engraving area is 220×140 mm². Laser engraving technology is becoming increasingly accessible to handcraft enthusiasts everywhere, allowing a new generation of makers to access a world of options for realizing their do-it-yourself art and manufacturing projects. Mega Pro enables them without much expertise to create something truly beautiful and creative at a relatively low price point. It can be used in home decoration, personalized custom gifts, art design and other fields.
Mega Pro is able to print multi-color models. Previously if you want to print multi-color models, you need to quickly pull out the current filament during the printing process and then quickly insert the different color filament, which is not only difficult to do, but also leave defects in the joints. Mega Pro offers the option to pause at a desired height, and users can easily print with different colors on a single nozzle.
In addition to being designed as a versatile 2-in-1 3D Printer, many useful features have been added. The Mega Pro uses Ultra-quiet TMC2208 stepper drivers that significantly reduce noise while printing. The dual gear extrusion mechanism offers stronger torque, so the powerful extruder makes it compatible with flexible filaments like TPU. It’s all powered by a high-quality power supply for enhanced safety and also supports 110-220v wide voltage, applicable to most region, no need to switch between 110v and 220v. Hassle-free resume from power failure or pause, saves time and filament.
- Printing Technology: FDM (Fused Deposition Modeling)
- Build Volume: 210×210×205 mm³
- Layer Resolution: 0.05-0.3 mm
- Positioning Accuracy: X/Y- 0.0125mm；Z- 0.002mm
- Extruder Quantity: Single
- Nozzle Diameter: 0.4 mm
- Print Speed: 20~100mm/s (suggested 60mm/s)
- Travel Speed: 100mm/s
- Supported Materials: PLA, TPU, etc
- Slicer Software: Cura
- Software Input Formats: .STL, .OBJ,.DAE, .AMF
- Software Output Formats: GCode
- Connectivity: SD Card; USB cable(expert users only)
- Image format: bmp
- Engraving size: 220×140 mm²
- Engraving mode: bitmap
- Pixel size: 0.05-0.4mm (suggested 0.1mm)
- Recommended laser intensity: Brown paper - 15%；Wood - 25%
- Laser height: 1-100mm（suggested 50mm）
- Mirror image: the default value is recommended
- Rated power: 15W
- Supported Materials: Leather, Paper, Wood, etc
Anycubic is providing this versatile and sturdy 3d printer to allow users the creative freedom to bring ideas to life. It will be released next week at an affordable price.
More info about Anycubic Mega Pro 3D Printer here.